Aloitin ensimmäiset harrastusaiheiset blogini 11 vuotta sitten. Työhöni liittyvän blogin taas avasin alkuvuonna 2008 Nokian intranettiin ja vaikka olinkin blogannut pitkään, se oli aika jännittävää. Ennenkuin aloitin, luin muiden blogeja. Bloggaajien joukossa oli joukko (yhä) hyvin aktiivisia nettivaikuttajia ja heidän seuraan liittyminen vähän hirvitti: onko minulla mitään asiaa. No tuntuihan sitä olevan. Lähtiessäni Nokialta 7 vuotta sitten otin vanhat postaukset talteen ja jaan teille nyt ekan bloggaukseni, jossa kerroin siitä, miten bloggaaminen oli muuttanut kommunikoimistani, annoin vinkkejä blogin perustamiseen ja kerroin myös piilotetun aarteen nimen tarinan, johon liittyy paitsi iloisia merirosvoja myös eräs timantti. Bloggauksessa on joitakin kirjoitusvirheitä, mutta enhän minä niitä enää raaski korjata. :)
GIVING BIRTH TO A BLOGFavorites 0
By Janhonen Johanna (Nokia-D-MSW/Jyvaskyla)
on January 15, 2008 9:50 AM
Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBacks (0)
I made a New Year's promise: to live like I teach. I'm communication specialist and I have promoted wiki usage for a long time but blogs are something new for me. But don't misread me, this is my 5th blog already... My 1st blog was in Nokia intranet (do you remember Sharing Adventures via Lifeblog?), but since then I've been only in Internet blogging about my private life and hobbies (crafts).
Blogging has changed my way of communicating permanently, I am not emailing my family anymore, I'm not updating my homepages and I seldom use my photo galleries. Also the discussion forums have changed after most of us started our own blogs, part of the discussion moved to blogs and now everyone is more free to follow only the persons they are interested.
I feel confident that sooner or later the blogs will change Nokia's communication culture too. So join me while I'm learning to use a blog also for my work!
In the first blog entry I tell what to do before establish a blog.
- Use the training material available in intranet. I really liked this elearning (if the link is not working, you'll find it from LMP with the name "Towards an internet company ways of working: Wiki & Blog e-learning"). From here you find internal blogging guidelines.
- Familiarize yourself to other Nokia blogs. Pick the interesting blogs and start following them with help of RSS feeds. Or follow them all from NPlanet which is the blog of the blogs.
- Think, think, think - what do you want to do with your blog, who will be your audience and what will be your message? Blogging takes time and people get bored to blog when they don't get any feedback.
- You also need to give name to your blog before it's born. I noticed that our managers use their own forenames (e.g. Olli-Pekka's blog). I'm not that known (yet;) so I forgot Johanna's blog (we are "only" 184 in Nokia according to Phonebook). Some people have named their blogs according to organization (which may not be so good idea since they keep changing). Some names come from the area they are handling (e.g. Games blog) while others sound funny (e.g. The Red Pill). Eventually I christened my blog "Hidden treasure" which can refer to the fact that we have always too much information available (and too many places where to put it) which makes the searching difficult and when we finally find what we are looking for, we are like the happy pirates in front of our chests. Besides communication and information management I am going to talk about my metrics in Diamonds tool (and diamonds are the girl's best friends...).
- When you are finnished, order your own blog from here.
PS. This was a really good day to start a blog, it's my birthday!
Categories: Blog, Web2.0 for dummies POSTED BY JOHANNA JANHONEN AT 4:26 AM